Five Great Prepper Books
There is plenty of prepper information on the internet, but online resources won’t do you any good if — for whatever reason, and for however long — the power goes out and leaves your family in the dark. So, in addition to your favorite online sources of information, keep printed information on-hand. These five prepper books are filled with great information for surviving emergencies of any duration: days, weeks, months, years, or even lifetimes.
This is a great checklist style book. The 101 things that you can do are broken into eight different sections. Many of the items you can start immediately. This book is easy to read and very helpful to both beginners and experienced preppers. This book stands out in the sections that pertain to water and food acquisition, storage, and preparation. If you only buy one of the five books listed here, I recommend this one.
Excellent overview of the skills and supplies you need for long-term survival. This book teaches you how to survive for weeks, months, or even years, including:
- Practical water collection for drinking and hygiene
- Storing, growing, hunting and foraging for food
- First aid and medical treatments when there’s no doctor
- Techniques and tactics for fortifying and defending your home
- Community-building strategies for creating a new society
PREPPER: No1 Survival Guide Book for Preppers
by Fredrick M. Woods
Keep in mind that you can only survive for about 3 minutes without air, 3 hours without a synchronized body temperature, 3 days without water, and about 3 weeks without food. This means that if you are to survive post disaster, you must ensure that you get all these items in their order of importance otherwise you won’t live long enough for help to come your way.
- Practical water collection, storage and purification
- Food storage, gardening, and foraging
- First aid and medical treatments including alternative medicine
- Techniques for securing and defending your home from looters
- Setting up a survival workshop
- Altenative power, and more.
From the Author: I believe that to fully insulate yourself from a disaster of any kind, you need to have a layered effect with your supplies. This will create a well-rounded approach and ensure that you are prepared for the smallest disasters to the most severe circumstances.
This 458 page resource starts your preparedness efforts from the beginning two week disaster and takes you through, step-by-step, to more longer term disasters. Packed with expert advice, supply lists, skills building techniques and supplemental resources, this book is the most comprehensive preparedness resource available.